Commission Agendas | previous page
South Dakota Public Utilities Commission Meeting
July 2, 2013, at 9:30 A.M. CDT
Room 413, Capitol Building
Pierre, South Dakota
NOTE: To listen to the Commission Meeting live please go to the PUC's website www.puc.sd.gov and click on the LIVE link on the home page. The Commission requests persons who will only be listening to proceedings and not actively appearing in a case listen via the web cast to free phone lines for those who have to appear. The Commission meetings are archived on the PUC's website under the Commission Actions tab, Click on "Commission Meeting Archives," to access the recordings.
NOTE: Notice is further given to persons with disabilities that this Commission meeting is being held in a physically accessible place. If you have special needs, please notify the Commission and we will make all necessary arrangements.
AGENDA OF COMMISSION MEETING
1. Approval of the Minutes of the Commission Meeting Held on June 18, 2013 (Staff: Joy Lashley)
1. Status Report on Consumer Utility Inquiries and Complaints Received by the Commission (Consumer Affairs: Deb Gregg)
1. EL13-020 In the Matter of the Application of Xcel Energy and Otter Tail Power Company for a Permit to Construct the Big Stone South to Brookings County 345 kV Transmission Line (Staff Analysts: Brian Rounds, Darren Kearney; Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On June 3, 2013, the Commission received an application from Northern States Power Company d/b/a Xcel Energy and Otter Tail Power Company for a permit to construct the southern portion of the Big Stone South to Brookings County Substation 345 kV transmission line in Deuel and Brookings Counties and make modifications to the existing Brookings County Substation.
TODAY, shall the Commission assess a filing fee not to exceed $254,360 with an initial deposit of $8,000?
2. EL13-021 In the Matter of the Joint Request for Service Rights Exception between Northern States Power Company dba Xcel Energy and Sioux Valley Energy Electric Cooperative (Staff Analyst: Brian Rounds; Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On June 12, 2013, Northern States Power Company dba Xcel Energy submitted a Service Territory Agreement between Northern States Power Company dba Xcel Energy and Sioux Valley Energy Electric Cooperative. The proposed exception to the existing service territory boundary will permit Xcel Energy to provide three-phase service to an irrigation center pivot located in Sioux Valley Energy Electric Cooperative's service territory.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve the requested service rights exception?
1. TC13-021 In the Matter of the Application of ANPI Business, LLC for a Certificate of Authority to Provide Local Exchange Services in South Dakota (Staff Analyst: Robin Meyerink; Staff Attorney: Kristen Edwards)
On February 11, 2013, the Commission received a filing from ANPI Business, LLC, (ANPI Business) requesting authority to engage in providing local exchange and Voice over Internet Protocol (hereinafter "VoIP") telecommunications services to business-class subscribers only throughout the territories and exchanges of CenturyLink in the State of South Dakota under the name of ANPI Business, LLC. Under Order Granting Certificate of Authority TC00-129, ANPI Business, LLC, formerly Zone Telecom Inc. and later converted to Zone Telecom, LLC was previously granted authorization by this Commission to provide telecommunications services in South Dakota; specifically long distance and private line services. ANPI Business now wishes to expand its authority to include resold local exchange and VoIP telecommunications services to its business-class subscribers.
TODAY, shall the Commission grant the application of ANPI Business, LLC for a Certificate of Authority to provide local exchange services in South Dakota?
2. TC13-030 In the Matter of the Filing for Approval of a Service Performance Amendment to an Interconnection Agreement between Qwest Corporation dba CenturyLink QC and dishNET Wireline, L.L.C. fka Liberty-Bell, LLC (Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On April 8, 2013, the Commission received a filing pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 252 for approval of a Service Performance Amendment to the Interconnection Agreement between Qwest Corporation dba CenturyLink QC and dishNET Wireline, L.L.C. fka Liberty-Bell, LLC. On May 13, 2013, Century Link filed a dishNET ICA Amendment Summary which provides background information for the Service Performance Amendment between dishNET and Century Link.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve the amendment to the interconnection agreement?
On May 31, 2013, Qwest Corporation d/b/a CenturyLink QC (Qwest) filed for Approval of Revisions to its Access Service Tariff. This filing is the second step in implementing the "Transitional Intrastate Access Service" reductions mandated by the Federal Communications Commission's November 18, 2011, Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking in WC Docket Nos. 10-90, etc. (FCC 11-161). Qwest states the filing brings the Transitional Intrastate Access Services rates and structure in parity with the functionally equivalent interstate rates and structure. Qwest respectfully requests that the proposed changes become effective July 2, 2013.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve the requested tariff changes?
Items for Commission Discussion
Commissioners and staff will meet with representatives of Xcel Energy on Tuesday, July 2, 2013, at 1:00 p.m. CDT in Room 413 at the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D. The agenda is to discuss updates about the underground fire on Xcel's facilities in Sioux Falls, S.D., on January 25, 2013, and the company's Sherburne County Generating Station.
- The PUC offices will be closed Thursday, July 4, 2013, in observance of Independence Day.
- Commissioners and staff will meet with representatives of Xcel Energy, Sioux Valley Energy and Southeastern Electric Cooperative Inc. on Tuesday, July 9, 2013, at 6:30 p.m. CDT at the Siouxland Library, Ronning Branch, 3100 E. 49th St., Sioux Falls, S.D. The agenda is to discuss the electric providers' recovery efforts related to the April 2013 ice storm that impacted southeastern South Dakota.
- The next regularly scheduled commission meeting will be Thursday, July 11, 2013, at 1:30 p.m. CDT in Room 413 at the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D.
- Commissioners and staff will attend the Summer Committee Meetings of the National Association of Regulatory Commissioners July 21-24, 2013, at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, Denver, Colo.
- Commission meetings are scheduled for July 30 and August 13, 2013.
June 25, 2013