South Dakota Public Utilities Commission Meeting
February 14, 2012, at 2:30 P.M. CST
Room 412, Capitol Building
Pierre, South Dakota
NOTE: If you wish to join this meeting by conference call, please contact the Commission at 605-773-3201 by 5:00 p.m. CST on Monday, February 13, 2012. Lines are limited and are given out on a first come, first served basis, subject to possible reassignment to accommodate persons who must appear in a proceeding. Ultimately, if you wish to participate in the Commission Meeting and a line is not available, you may have to appear in person.
NOTE: To listen to the Commission Meeting live please go to the PUC's website www.puc.sd.gov and click on the LIVE link on the home page. The Commission requests persons who will only be listening to proceedings and not actively appearing in a case listen via the web cast to free phone lines for those who have to appear. The Commission meetings are archived on the PUC's website under the Commission Actions tab, Click on "Commission Meeting Archives," to access the recordings.
NOTE: Notice is further given to persons with disabilities that this Commission meeting is being held in a physically accessible place. If you have special needs, please notify the Commission and we will make all necessary arrangements.
AGENDA OF COMMISSION MEETING
1. Approval of the Minutes of the Commission Hearing Held on January 30, 2012, and the Minutes of the Commission Meeting Held on January 31, 2012. (Staff: Joy Irving)
1. Status Report on Consumer Utility Inquiries and Complaints Received by the Commission. (Consumer Affairs: Deb Gregg)
1. EL11-025 In the Matter of the Complaint by Northern States Power dba Xcel Energy against Southeastern Electric Cooperative, Inc. for a Violation of the Service Territory Laws (Staff Analyst: Ross Pedersen, Staff Attorney: Ryan Soye)
On September 21, 2011, the Commission received a complaint filed by Northern States Power dba Xcel Energy (Xcel) against Southeastern Electric Cooperative, Inc. (Southeastern). Xcel alleged a violation of the Service Territory Laws by Southeastern. On October 3, 2011, Southeastern filed a Response of Southeastern Electric Cooperative, Inc., to Complaint of Xcel Energy. Commission Counsel held a prehearing conference with the parties on December 1, 2011, at which the parties agreed on a procedural schedule. On December 1, 2011, the Commission issued its Order for and Notice of Hearing setting the matter for hearing on December 6, 2011. The hearing was held as scheduled with all parties appearing. On January 3, 2012, Southeastern filed Southeastern Electric Cooperative's Post-Hearing Brief and Staff filed Commission Staff's Post-Hearing Brief. On January 5, 2012, Xcel filed its Post Hearing Brief. On January 17, 2012, Southeastern filed Southeastern Electric Cooperative's Reply Brief. On January 23, 2012, Xcel filed a letter regarding its intention not to file a reply brief.
TODAY, how shall the Commission rule on Xcel's Complaint?
On January 17, 2012, the Commission received an application by MidAmerican Energy for approval to revise its tariff to correct certain typographical errors discovered in the existing tariff sheets on file with the Commission.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve the tariff revisions?
3. EL12-013 In the Matter of the Request by Harvey K. Bue for a Determination of an Exception to Individual Metering Requirements in Regards to the Installation of a Master Metered Electric System for a Duplex in Webster, South Dakota (Staff Analyst: Matthew Tysdal; Staff Attorney: Ryan Soye)
On February 2, 2012, the Commission received a filing by Harvey K. Bue requesting determination of an existing exception to the individual metering requirements under ARSD 20:10:26. Harvey K. Bue owns a duplex in Webster, South Dakota and wishes to convert the electric system to a master metered system.
TODAY, shall the Commission dismiss the filing due to an existing exception, OR how shall the Commission proceed?
1. TC12-001 In the Matter of the Filing by Metropolitan Telecommunications of South Dakota, Inc. dba MetTel for Approval of its Access Services Tariff No. 3 (Staff Analyst: Brittany Mehlhaff, Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On January 3, 2012, Metropolitan Telecommunications of South Dakota, Inc. dba MetTel filed for approval of its Competitive Access Provider Services Tariff Number 3. This filing is intended to comply with the Federal Communications Commission's Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, in Docket Nos. WC Docket No. 10-90, et al., FCC Release No. 11-161, by implementing provisions governing Voice over Internet Protocol telephony – Public Switched Telephone Network ("VoIP-PSTN") Traffic.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve the requested tariff changes?
On January 17, 2012, the Commission received a request to approve the Wireline Interconnection Agreement between Qwest Corporation dba CenturyLink QC and TC Systems, Inc. TC Systems, Inc. wishes to adopt, in its entirety, the terms of the Wireline Agreement and any associated amendments of Agreement # CDS-040129-0016 between AT&T and CenturyLink.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve the Interconnection Agreement between Qwest Corporation dba CenturyLink QC and TC Systems, Inc.?
On January 18, 2012, XO Communications Services, Inc. requested approval of revisions to its Access Services Tariff. This filing introduces tariff language for treatment of Toll VoIP-PSTN Traffic pursuant to the Federal Communications Commission's Part 51 Interconnection Rules and in compliance with the Federal Communications Commission's Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking in CC Docket Nos. 96-45 and 01-92; GN Docket No. 09-51; WC Docket Nos. 03-109,05-337,07-135 and, 10-90; and WT Docket No. 10-208, adopted October 27, 2011, and released November 18, 2011, ("FCC 11-161"). This filing also includes the addition of tariff language to specify the call signaling information the Customer is required to transmit on traffic handed off to the Company for termination. On February 2, 2012, XO Communications Services, Inc. filed with the Commission a Notice to Withdraw Tariff Revisions.
TODAY, shall the Commission grant the Notice to Withdraw and close the docket?
Items for Commission Discussion
- Commissioners and staff will meet with a representative of the Midwest Reliability Organization on Wednesday, February 15, 2012, at 3:30 p.m. CST in Room 414 at the State Capitol Building in Pierre, S.D. The agenda is to discuss MRO's role in enforcing mandatory electric reliability standards and the organization's 2012 initiatives.
- The PUC offices will be closed Monday, February 20, 2012, in observance of Presidents Day.
- The next regularly scheduled commission meeting will be held Tuesday, February 28, 2012, at 2:30 p.m. CST, in Room 412 at the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D.
- Commissioners and staff will meet with consumers at the Sioux Empire Home Show, March 2-4, 2012, at the Sioux Falls Convention Center, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Commission meetings are scheduled for March 13 and 27, 2012.
/S/ Cindy Kemnitz
February 7, 2012