Commission Agenda | previous page
South Dakota Public Utilities Commission Meeting
May 17, 2011, at 9:30 A.M. CDT
Room 413, Capitol Building
Pierre, South Dakota
NOTE: If you wish to join this meeting by conference call, please contact the Commission at 605-773-3201 by 5:00 p.m. CDT on Monday, May 16, 2011. Lines are limited and are given out on a first come, first served basis, subject to possible reassignment to accommodate persons who must appear in a proceeding. Ultimately, if you wish to participate in the Commission Meeting and a line is not available you may have to appear in person.
NOTE: To listen to the Commission Meeting live please go to the PUC's Web site www.puc.sd.gov and click on the LIVE link on the home page. The Commission requests persons who will only be listening to proceedings and not actively appearing in a case listen via the web cast to free phone lines for those who have to appear. The Commission meetings are archived on the PUC's Web site under the Commission Actions tab, Click on "Commission Meeting Archives," to access the recordings.
NOTE: Notice is further given to persons with disabilities that this Commission meeting is being held in a physically accessible place. If you have special needs, please notify the Commission and we will make all necessary arrangements.
AGENDA OF COMMISSION MEETING
1. Approval of the Minutes of the Commission Meeting Held on April 19, 2011. (Staff: Tina Douglas)
1. Status Report on Consumer Utility Inquiries and Complaints Received by the Commission. (Consumer Affairs: Deb Gregg)
On March 30, 2011, Xcel Energy filed for approval of its 2010 Economic Development Annual Report and 2011 Economic Development Plan. The filing includes Xcel Energy's report on 2010 economic development activities planned budget and the actual budget for 2010, and planned budget for 2011.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve the 2010 Economic Development Annual Report and the 2011 Economic Development Plan?
1. NG11-002 In the Matter of the Filing by MidAmerican Energy Company for Approval of its 2010 Economic Development Activities and 2011 Proposed Budget (Staff Analyst: Dave Jacobson, Staff Attorney: Kara Semmler)
On April 8, 2011, MidAmerican Energy Company filed for approval of its 2010 Economic Development Annual Report and 2011 Economic Development Plan. The filing includes MidAmerican Energy Company's report on 2010 economic development activities, actual budget for 2010, and planned budget for 2011.
TODAY, shall the Commission Approve MidAmerican's 2010 Economic Development Activities and 2011 Proposed Budget?
1. TC10-090 In the Matter of the Petition of Cellco Partnerships and its Subsidiaries and Affiliates to Amend and Consolidate Eligible Telecommunications Carrier Designations in the State of South Dakota and to Partially Relinquish ETC Designation (Staff Analyst: Brian Rounds, Staff Attorney: Kara Semmler)
On September 3, 2010, the Commission received a petition from Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless, and its subsidiaries and affiliates offering commercial mobile radio services in South Dakota (Verizon Wireless), to amend and consolidate the eligible telecommunications carrier (ETC) designations currently held separately in the name of WWC License, LLC and RCC Minnesota, Inc. in the state of South Dakota to reflect Cellco Partnership and its affiliated legal entities as the designated entity. Verizon Wireless requests that amendment and consolidation of the ETC designations be deemed effective immediately. Verizon Wireless further requests that the partial relinquishment of its ETC status in the Golden West Telecommunications Cooperative, Inc. Study Area Code 391659 be deemed effective immediately. On September 24, 2010, the Commission received a Petition to Intervene from South Dakota Telecommunications Association and Golden West Telecommunications Cooperative, Inc. On October 14, 2010, James Valley Wireless filed a Petition to Intervene. The Commission granted the Petitions to Intervene. On November 5, 2010, Verizon Wireless filed a Motion Requesting Confidentiality Agreement. The Commission approved the Protective Order on November 9, 2010, at its regularly scheduled meeting. On November 12, 2010, the Commission received a Motion for Commission Approval of Partial Relinquishment of ETC Designation. On April 12, 2011, Petitioners filed a Motion to Strike Testimony of Witness Peter Bluhm. On April 25, 2011 Verizon Wireless filed Motions to Compel Discovery Responses from Golden West, SDTA and James Valley Wireless.
TODAY, shall the Commission grant the Motions to Compel Discovery? AND shall the Commission grant the Motion to Strike Testimony? OR how shall the Commission proceed?
2. TC11-015 In the Matter of the Filing of Gold Line Telemanagement, Inc. dba The Group of Gold Line for an Amended Certificate of Authority and Waiver of Surety Indemnity Bond (Staff Analyst: Dave Jacobson, Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On April 15, 2011, the Commission received an application from Gold Line Telemanagement, Inc. dba The Group of Gold Line (Gold Line). Gold Line was granted a Certificate of Authority in Docket TC03-180 with the condition the applicant not offer prepaid services or collect advance payments or deposits. In Docket TC04-259, Gold Line filed for and received approval to substitute a $25,000 bond in lieu of the conditions restricting it from offering prepaid services or collecting advance payments or deposits. The current filing now requests removal of the bond requirement contained in the Order Granting Amended Certificate of Authority in TC04-259.
TODAY, shall the Commission approve an amended Certificate of Authority by waiving the Surety Indemnity Bond requirement?
Items for Commission Discussion
1. Commissioners and staff will attend a Black Hills Power Integrated Resource Plan Stakeholder meeting on May 16, 2011, at 3:30 p.m. MDT at the Canyon Lake Chophouse, Rapid City, S.D.
2. The Public Utilities Commission offices will be closed Monday, May 30, 2011, in observance of Memorial Day.
3. The next regularly scheduled commission meeting will be held Tuesday, May 31, 2011, at 1:30 p.m., CDT, in Room 413 at the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D.
4. Commissioners and staff will meet with representatives of MidAmerican Energy Co. on Wednesday, June 1, at 10:00 a.m. CDT in Room 413 of the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D. to discuss natural gas hedging.
5. Commissioners and staff will attend the annual meeting of the Mid-America Regulatory Conference, June 5-8, 2011, at the Ramkota Hotel and Conference Center, Rapid City, S.D.
6. Commission meetings are scheduled for June 14 and June 28, 2011.
7. Commissioners will attend the Summer Committee Meetings of the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners on July 17-20, 2011, at the L.A. Live JW Marriott, Los Angeles, Calif.
/S/ Cindy Kemnitz
May 11, 2011