Commission Agendas | previous page
South Dakota Public Utilities Commission Meeting
June 10, 2008, at 9:30 A.M.
Room 464, State Capitol Building
Pierre, South Dakota
NOTE: If you wish to join this meeting by conference call, please contact the Commission at 605-773-3201 by 5:00 p.m. on April 21, 2008. Lines are limited and are given out on first come/first serve basis, subject to possible reassignment to accommodate persons who must appear in a proceeding. Ultimately, if you wish to participate in the Commission Meeting and a line is not available you may have to appear in person.
NOTE: To listen to the Commission Meeting live please go to the PUC's Web site www.puc.sd.gov and click on the LIVE button on the home page. The Commission requests that persons who will only be listening to proceedings and not actively appearing in a case listen via the web cast to free phone lines for those who have to appear. The Commission meetings are archived on the PUC's Web site under the Commission Actions tab and then click on the LISTEN button on the page.
NOTE: Notice is further given to persons with disabilities that this Commission meeting is being held in a physically accessible place. If you have special needs, please notify the Commission and we will make all necessary arrangements.
- Approval of the Minutes of the Commission Meetings Held on April 8 and April 22, 2008. (Staff: Demaris Axthelm)
- Status Report on Consumer Utility Inquiries and Complaints Received by the Commission. (Consumer Affairs: Deb Gregg)
1. NG08-005 - In the Matter of the Filing by MidAmerican Energy for Approval of First Amendment to Natural Gas Service Agreement (Staff Analysts: Dave Jacobson/Terri LaBrie Baker, Staff Attorney: Kara Semmler)
Application by MidAmerican Energy for approval of First Amendment to a natural gas service agreement - contract with deviations, which will allow Sapa Extrusions, Inc. to move to currently tariffed Group balancing provisions as opposed to the non-standard balancing provisions provided for in the existing contract with deviations. Sapa Extrusions, Inc. has requested that the amendment become effective June 1, 2008.
TODAY, shall the Commission Approve the Amendment to Natural Gas Service Agreement with Less than 30 Days Notice?
1. TC08-041 - In the Matter of the Application of Momentum Telecom, Inc. for a Certificate of Authority to Provide Interexchange Telecommunications Services and Local Exchange Services in South Dakota. (Staff Analyst: Harlan Best, Staff Attorney: Kara Semmler)
On April 21, 2008, Momentum Telecom, Inc. (Momentum) filed an application for a certificate of authority with the Public Utilities Commission (Commission). Momentum's application is for authority to provide facilities-based local exchange and interexchange access telecommunications services throughout the service territory of Qwest Corporation. On April 22, 2008, Momentum filed an application for a certificate of authority with the Commission to provide resold interexchange telecommunications services throughout the service territory of Qwest Corporation. Momentum requests confidential treatment of its financial information.
TODAY, shall the Commission Grant a Certificate of Authority to Momentum Telecom, Inc.?
2. TC08-042 - In the Matter of the Filing by MCImetro Access Transmission Services, LLC d/b/a Verizon Access Transmission Services for Approval of its Access Services Tariff. (Staff Analyst: Dave Jacobson, Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On April 22, 2008, MCImetro Access Transmission Services, LLC d/b/a Verizon Access Transmission Services (Verizon) filed South Dakota Tariff No. 2 for Switched Access Services. Verizon requested an effective date for the tariff of May 22, 2008. On May 9, 2008, ATT of the Midwest (ATT) filed for intervention. The Commission granted intervention to ATT on May 20, 2008. On May 21, 2008, Verizon filed a Petition for Exemption under ARSD 20:10:27:11 from Developing Company-Specific Cost-Based Switched Access Rates and for Waiver of ARSD 20:10:27:12.
TODAY, shall the Commission Grant the Petition and Waivers Requested by MCImetro Access Transmission Services LLC d/b/a Verizon Access Transmission Services? AND, shall the Commission Approve the Intrastate Switched Access Tariff?
3. TC08-044 - In the Matter of the Request by Fort Randall Telephone Company for a Waiver of a Requirement to File a Switched Access Cost Study. (Staff Analyst: Harlan Best, Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On May 14, 2008, Fort Randall Telephone Company (Fort Randall) filed an application for waiver of the requirement to file a switched access cost study as required by Commission rule. ARSD 20:10:27:07 requires a carrier's carrier to file cost data in support of its switched access service tariff no less than once every three years. ARSD 20:10:27:02 provides that the Commission may, for good cause shown, either by its own motion or by application from a carrier's carrier, temporarily waive or suspend any rule in chapters 20:10:27 to 20:10:29, inclusive. "Fort Randall requests a waiver of the cost study requirement because (1) producing such a study is costly and consumes a great deal of resources; and (2) Fort Randall does not intend to raise access rates at this time, although preliminary analysis indicates that a cost study would likely support higher rates than are currently approved."
TODAY, shall the Commission Grant the Waiver of a Requirement to File a Switched Access Cost Study?
- The next regularly scheduled Commission meeting will be held June 24, 2008, at 9:30 a.m. in Room 464, State Capitol Building, Pierre, SD.
- Commission meetings are scheduled for July 8 and July 29, 2008.
- Commissioners and Staff will be attending the Mid-America Regulatory Conference in Oklahoma City, OK, June 14 – 18, 2008.
- The Public Utilities Commission offices will be closed Friday, July 4, 2008, in observance of Independence Day.
- Commissioners and Staff will be attending the National Association of Regulatory Commission meeting in Portland, OR, July 21 – 23, 2008.
- A hearing in dockets TC07-111 through TC07-116 will be held July 29 – August 1, 2008 in the Floyd Matthews Training Center, Foss Building, Pierre, SD. The hearing will begin at 1:30 p.m. on July 29.
- A hearing in dockets TC06-175, TC06-176, TC06-178, TC06-180, TC06-188 and TC06-189 will be held August 20 – August 22, 2008, in the Capital Lake Visitors Center, 650 E Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD. The hearing will begin at 9:00 a.m. on August 20.
Heather K. Forney
Deputy Executive Director
June 3, 2008