South Dakota Public Utilities Commission Meeting
April 1, 2014, at 1:00 P.M. CDT
Room 413, Capitol Building
Pierre, South Dakota
NOTE: If you wish to join this meeting by conference call, please contact the Commission at 605-773-3201 by 5:00 p.m. CDT on Monday, March 31, 2014. Lines are limited and are given out on a first come, first served basis, subject to possible reassignment to accommodate persons who must appear in a proceeding. Ultimately, if you wish to participate in the Commission Meeting and a line is not available, you may have to appear in person.
NOTE: To listen to the Commission Meeting live please go to the PUC's website www.puc.sd.gov and click on the LIVE link on the home page. The Commission requests persons who will only be listening to proceedings and not actively appearing in a case listen via the web cast to free phone lines for those who have to appear. The Commission meetings are archived on the PUC's website under the Commission Actions tab, Click on "Commission Meeting Archives," to access the recordings.NOTE: Notice is further given to persons with disabilities that this Commission meeting is being held in a physically accessible place. If you have special needs, please notify the Commission and we will make all necessary arrangements.
AGENDA OF COMMISSION MEETING
Administration1. Approval of the Minutes of the Commission Meetings Held on March 4 and March 18, 2014 (Staff: Joy Lashley)
1. Status Report on Consumer Utility Inquiries and Complaints Received by the Commission (Staff Attorney: Kristen Edwards)
1. TC14-002 In the Matter of the Application of Intrado Communications Inc. for a Certificate of Authority to Provide Local Exchange Services in South Dakota (Staff Analyst: Darren Kearney; Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On February 20, 2014, the Commission received a filing from Intrado Communications Inc. (Intrado) requesting authority to provide local exchange services throughout South Dakota. Specifically Intrado seeks to provide 9-1-1 emergency services to government and quasi-government Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs). Eventually it may also provide other local exchange telecommunications services and interexchange telecommunications services. On March 13, 2014, South Dakota Telecommunications Association (SDTA) filed its Petition to Intervene.
TODAY, shall the Commission grant intervention to any parties that have filed?
2. TC14-003 In the Matter of the Filing by Midstate Communications, Inc. fka Midstate Telecom, Inc. for Approval of Revisions to Midstate Telecom, Inc.'s Access Tariffs No. 2 (Staff Analyst: Darren Kearney; Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On February 27, 2014, Midstate Communications Inc. (Midstate) filed a Petition for Approval of Amendment to the Access Tariffs of Midstate Telecom, Inc. (Midstate Telecom). The purpose of the filing is to update Midstate Telecom's tariff to reflect that Midstate Telecom merged with and into Midstate. More specifically, Midstate proposes to substitute its name for Midstate Telecom's wherever Midstate Telecom's name appears in the current tariff.
TODAY, shall the Commission grant Midstate Communications Inc.'s Petition for Approval of an Amendment to the Tariff No. 2?
Items for Commission Discussion
- The PUC will have an exhibit booth at the Black Hills Home Show, March 28-30, 2014, at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, Rapid City, S.D.
- The next regularly scheduled commission meeting will be Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at 9:30 a.m. CDT in Room 413 at the State Capitol Building, Pierre, S.D.
- The PUC offices will close at Noon CDT, Friday, April 18, 2014, in observance of Good Friday.
- Commission meetings are scheduled for April 30 and May 13, 2014.
Deputy Executive Director
March 25, 2014