Commission Agendas | previous page
South Dakota Public Utilities Commission
May 14, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. CDT
Room 412, Capitol Building
Pierre, South Dakota
NOTE: If you wish to join this meeting by conference call, please contact the Commission at 605-773-3201 by 5:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, May 11, 2012. Lines are limited and are given out on a first come, first served basis, subject to possible reassignment to accommodate persons who must appear in a proceeding. Ultimately, if you wish to participate in the Commission Meeting and a line is not available, you may have to appear in person.
NOTE: To listen to the Commission Meeting live please go to the PUC's website www.puc.sd.gov and click on the LIVE link on the home page. The Commission requests persons who will only be listening to proceedings and not actively appearing in a case listen via the web cast to free phone lines for those who have to appear. The Commission meetings are archived on the PUC's website under the Commission Actions tab, Click on "Commission Meeting Archives," to access the recordings.
NOTE: Notice is further given to persons with disabilities that this Commission meeting is being held in a physically accessible place. If you have special needs, please notify the Commission and we will make all necessary arrangements.
AGENDA OF AD HOC COMMISSION MEETING
1. TC11-087 In the Matter of the Application of Native American Telecom, LLC for a Certificate of Authority to Provide Interexchange Telecommunications Services and Local Exchange Services in South Dakota (Staff Analyst: Chris Daugaard, Staff Attorney: Karen Cremer)
On October 11, 2011, Native American Telecom, LLC (NAT) filed an application for a certificate of authority to provide local exchange and interexchange service within the study area of Midstate Communications, Inc. NAT stated that it is a tribally-owned full service telecommunications carrier operating on the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe Indian Reservation pursuant to an Order Granting Approval to Provide Telecommunications Service by the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe Crow Creek Utility Authority dated October 28, 2008. NAT seeks to expand its authority to include areas within Midstate's study area off of the Crow Creek reservation. On January 27, 2012, NAT filed a revised Application for Certificate of Authority. In its revised application, NAT stated that it seeks to provide local exchange and interexchange service within the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe Reservation which is within the study area of Midstate. On May 7, 2012, NAT served a Subpoena to Produce Documents, Information, or Objects or to Permit Inspection of Premises in a Civil Action. The subpoena was directed to the Commission and regarded the confidential financial statements, consisting of balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements (including any audited financial statements) provided by certain applicants in certificate of authority dockets from January 1, 2000, to the present date.
TODAY, how shall the Commission proceed or respond regarding the subpoena?
- Commissioners will attend the Santel Communications Cooperative annual meeting, Monday, May 14, 2012, at 7 p.m. CDT in the Woonsocket Gym, Woonsocket, S.D.
- Commissioners and staff will meet with representatives of Knology of the Black Hills on Wednesday, May 16, 2012, at 2 p.m. MDT at the Knology office, 809 Deadwood Ave., Rapid City, S.D. The agenda is to discuss company history and tour the Knology facility.
- An ad hoc commission meeting will be held Thursday, May 17, 2012, at 9:30 a.m. CDT in Room 413 at the State Capitol, Pierre, S.D.
- The next regularly scheduled commission meeting will be held Tuesday, May 22, 2012, at 9:30 a.m. CDT, in Room 413 at the State Capitol, Pierre, S.D.
- The PUC offices will be closed Monday, May 28, 2012, in observance of Memorial Day.
- Commission meetings are scheduled for June 5 and 19, 2012.
- Commissioners will attend a Utility Shareholders of South Dakota meeting at Noon CDT, Tuesday, June 12, 2012, at the Ramkota Hotel in Aberdeen, S.D.
- A hearing in Docket EL11-019 will be held beginning Wednesday, June 13, 2012, at 1 p.m. CDT, and continuing on Thursday, June 14, 2012, at 8 a.m., in Room 413 at the State Capitol, Pierre, S.D.
/S/ Cindy Kemnitz
May 9, 2012